Monday, April 6, 2009

We've found a new house!!

Well, it looks like we might have found ourselves a new house! Yay! We're really excited. It's perfect, and it has everything that we're looking for! It's a little bit more expensive than what we had initially wanted to pay, but there are no renovations that need to be done...it's ready to move in. We found it on the internet (actually, my mother-in-law saw it on the internet and thought we might like it since it fit our description!), and my husband went to go see it while he was in town. The location is great, in a nice neighbourhood with lots of trees and near schools, parks, stores, etc...
My husband really loved it, and he thinks it could be perfect for us...so, we've put in an offer. The offer is conditional to a second visit with me, of course...and an inspection. We're going to go visit it together on Thursday evening, and if we still like it then and it passes the inspection without any problems then we're buying it and moving in on the 23rd of June.

I guess this means we'll never have our child in this house over here....we had prepared a baby room and everything. It stood empty for a year...well, okay...that's not exactly true! My friend's baby boy slept there for two nights when she came to visit us with her family. He slept very well, as a matter of fact! But then, he's just a really good baby, so that doesn't say much about the bed! Anyway, I guess we didn't put up the crib for nothing after all :0)




I think we will try to re-create this room in our new house...I liked it a lot! I don't know how long our child will actually sleep in a crib, but there you go...

Our cute little doggie, lazily surveying her domain!! I am sure she will be very protective of our child...she's a super sweet dog, but she can be be kind of territorial!!
I hope that she won't be too jealous! We'll just have to make sure that she gets enough exercise, food, attention and, of course...affection!! Hey, that's the order which Cesar the Dog Whisperer recommends, and Cesar knows best!!


We actually haven't bought anything for our future child yet, other than some children's books.
Not knowing the sexe, the age, or the size of our child makes me hesitant to buy any clothing just yet. The crib was lent to us by my brother and his wife, as well as numerous toys, car seats, a high chair and a stroller. We bought the curtains and the chair for the baby room, and that's about it so far. Once we get our referral, I will have lots of shopping to do! I can't wait!
On the other hand, we've been pretty busy with house-hunting, moving preparations and work...I have to admit that time is flying by pretty quickly. And that is definitely a very good thing ;0)

Now, if only spring would just get here...I mean, seriously! It's almost Easter, and there's a snow storm outside right now. That's just wrong! Yes, sure, it's beautiful to see, but come on! The buds are supposed to start appearing on the trees, and we're supposed to see grass on the ground and flower bulbs growing. Not a white blizzard!!! Oh well, I guess spring will just have to wait. My patience is being tested once again...

3 comments:

  1. Amber, congratulations on finding a home, especially one that is just what you were looking for. I hope that everything works out and that you do move in in June.

    We love the Dog Whisperer as well. One weekend we watched it for 8 hours straight! Crazy, I know! We try to get tips on how to make Sid better behaved, but we never follow them.

    Sorry about the blizzard. We've been having good weather lately and I really hope that it sticks around. I hope that your spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber,
    I just found your blog...and wanted to say hi! We too are adopting from the Philippines. We were officially approved by ICAB in October 2008. Good luck with your house!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber! Glad you found a house!! Which location? Gatineau? Aylmer? Glad you found something you like :)) yay!!

    ReplyDelete