Friday, April 10, 2009

Two months since ICAB approval!

Happy Easter to everybody!! Have a great Easter holiday!!


Yes, that's right...it's our two month adoption anniversary! It's already two months since we were approved by ICAB!

We still have a long ways to go, I know, but it's nice to celebrate the little milestones along the way. It means that we're that much closer to getting our referral and going to the Philippines to get our child!!

I have to admit that the wait is a lot easier than I thought it would be! Time is flying by...probably because we've been so busy with moving and work. I remember reading other people write this on their blogs, that time was going by so fast, and I thought that they were probably just a lot more patient than me!! I imagine that once you reach the one year mark it must get pretty tough though! I hope the rest of the time continues to go by this quickly! :0)
Blogging has helped a lot too, in that rather than wasting a lot of time worrying about and over-thinking the adoption, I am now simply writing down my thoughts and then moving on to other things. I am realizing that being in touch with others who are going through the same thing really helps and lessens the burden of the wait! Knowing that other couples are experiencing the same emotions; the excitement, the eagerness and the anticipation mixed with nervousness and fear, makes the wait a lot easier to bear.

My husband and I visited the pink house that we're interested in yesterday, and we're going back today with an inspector. I'm happy to say that I like the house as much as my husband did! Note to Tangie: I really love the neighbourhood! There's a nice park, mature trees, we're close to a big Loblaws and other stores, there seem to be a lot of young families...the yard is a little small, but it's all fenced in, which is great with the dog! We should organize a bbq this summer to meet our new neighbours! :0)
So, if everything is fine with the inspection, then we have a new house!! Otherwise, we'll have to see. Either we negotiate and try to deal down the price, or we continue looking and find another house.

It looks like I am finally getting my spring! Yay!! I had to travel nearly six hours south by car to get my spring, but I finally got it!!

Hahaha...yes, I definitely think I'm going to like it here :0)


4 comments:

  1. yéééé! You like the neibourhood! I am really happy that you like the house as much as Raphael did! :)

    And congradulation on you second month done! Yeah.. time fly when we think about something else! :)

    Have a great weekend in Gatineau! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber,
    Happy 2 month anniversary! I agree that celebrating each little milestone helps and that time has been flying by lately. Good luck with getting the house. I hope that it all works out. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the two month anniversary! For us, the first three months seemed to pass really slowly...now that we've passed five...they are passing more quickly...Good luck with the inspection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like the neighborhood :) Hope the inspection goes smoothly and without any big surprises :))

    Thank you for your kind words...

    Hope to be able to meet with you soon (in Gatineau!) :)

    Melanie
    mlacombeaubin@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete