Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One month since ICAB approval!!

Well, we're officially one month since ICAB approval! YAY!!!
I know, I know...we're still so very far off from receiving a referral, but it feels like we just got a little bit closer today. Hey, we have to celebrate every little milestone along the way!! It helps to make the wait more agreeable, and to make the time fly by faster.

My husband got some big news at work yesterday...he has been offered a promotion, but it involves moving. We're both really excited, this is a great opportunity for us! We will sill live in Canada, and we're not changing provinces either, but we will be moving to another city!! Things are moving super fast, he starts his new position in two weeks already. I'll stay behind and finish the school term and sell our house over here, after that I will go and join him. So, we have to start shopping for a new house! That part of moving is always fun and exciting. Of course we're both very happy about this news, and I'm proud of my husband. The next couple of months are going to be very busy, and it's going to be stressful selling our house, finding a new one, moving, finding a new teaching position for myself...but it will all be worth it in the long run. Besides, the move is very well organized with his company. They will hire an agent to sell our house, pay for the movers, pack everything up, etc. The timing is good as well for me to look for a teaching position for September. I'm happy to be busy, it will help make the time pass by faster!! The only thing that worries me is the adoption. I don't know how this move will affect our adoption procedure. If anyone knows something about the procedure or steps involved in moving while adopting, and how this affects the adoption procedure, please let me know!! I'll have to contact our agency and see what they say. Our file will have to be transfered to our new location. We'll probably get assigned to a new resource person. That's too bad, because I liked Anik and we were just getting to know her! I'm sure our new resource person will be capable and helpful as well. We'll have to update our file with our new address...maybe we'll have to send pictures of our new house? I don't really know. I just hope this move doesn't cause a long delay in our adoption procedure!! I know they really like to see stability in the Philippines, so I'm wondering what they'll think about us moving. We believe that my husband's promotion and our move will allow us to provide an even better quality of life for our child. This move will bring us back closer to our family and friends as well, so that's definitely a positive thing! I know everyone is happy that we'll be closer and easier to visit soon. It's much better for when we adopt as well, we're kind of isolated over here, and our move will bring us closer to our social support network. This will be important as we deal with the challenges of bringing home our forever child. I hope that they see it this way in the Philippines too!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on 1 month. Every month is another closer to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, you now have one month under your belts. I can remember that it felt great to be able to say that. Enjoy your wait because before you know it you'll have a little one keeping you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete