Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Never ending paperwork!

The past week has been pretty busy and just flew by! Since we found out that we're moving, we've started shopping for a new house!! This is probably the funnest part of moving. We've just been looking on line for now, and we've seen a few houses that look interesting. I am eager to go and see them. My husband starts his new position on Monday already. It's going so fast! He will go ahead and stay in a furnished apartment for a little while, till we find a house and move our furniture over. I will stay behind and finish the school term, and sell the house over here. So for a few months we'll only see each other during the weekend. Well, everything is well organized with his company so it shouldn't be too stressful! All I really need to do is clean and prepare the house for visits!! Hopefully it will sell fast...although, with the economy and the market right now, I'm not counting on it. It's a good time for us to buy, but not to sell!! We have to find a good Real Estate Agent in the area to give us a hand. The faster we sell and find a new house to move into, the sooner my husband and I can settle down and be together in the same city!!

I called our agency to ask about how us moving will affect the adoption procedure. They told me that as long as we stay in the same province, it won't be a problem. We just call them with our new address and phone number as soon as we have it, and they will forward that information to the Philippines. If we want we can stay with Anik, our resource person over here, or they can assign us someone new closer by. I think that since Anik already knows our whole story and our file, and we've already established a bond with her, we'll stay with her. It doesn't matter all that much that it's a long distance call if we want to get in touch!! With e-mail and the internet, it's not such a big deal these days.

We received some information from immigration Canada as well. I was all excited to get such a quick response. We'd sent off a completed form and some documents about two weeks ago. Basically, they responded and sent us more paper work to fill out!! We need to send pictures, marriage and birth certificates, completed forms, etc...wow, so much paper work!! It feels like it just never ends. Arghhhhhhh.....

I have to re-new my passport, my residency card, my driver's licence and my medical insurance card as well!! More paperwork....that's definitely going to keep me busy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is sure alot of paperwork! Good luck with all of that. Also good luck in finding a new house and I hope that your house sells quickly. Did you have to send pictures to immigration Canada? we didn't need to do that.

    ReplyDelete