Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Four months since ICAB approval!

Today it is four months since we officially received our ICAB approval.
Wow, honestly the time is just flying by these days! I guess it`s because we`ve been busy with work and with moving. I can`t believe another month has gone by already!
Of course, I`m not complaining. I`m glad that it`s going by so fast. On the other hand, I`m starting to think about all of the things that still need to be done before we travel and before we have our child...honestly, it`s probably a good thing that we still have a few months ahead of us to prepare! Like Raph always says to me, one thing at a time...take it one step at a time! We`ll get there...

Our house in Amos has officially been on the market for a week now...Hydro informed us yesterday that we've already received three offers, so it looks like selling our house is not a problem at all! It's just a question of some paperwork at this point. I really should have known, with the painting and the interior decorating that we did...my mom is an artist and just has an eye and a feeling for this! Not to mention that there just aren't any houses for sale in our area, so there's no competition...there's a shortage of housing, and the house have been selling well, as Raph' mom told us. She's been following the real estate market over there, and was pretty much right on :0) I was a bit worried, because of the economy right now and the housing market up north...but, it looks like I worried for nothing! As usual! I guess I should know by now that moms are always right...both my mom and Raphael`s mom assured me that we would have no problems selling the house, and that we would even make a profit with it...and they were right, of course!! So, that`s great news...we`re very happy with how smoothly and quickly the sale of our house went. Now, let`s hope the move goes as smoothly and quickly...as previous experience shows, I`m probably worrying and stressing about that for nothing too!! What a waste of time and energy :0)

My new resolution is to try and focus on the positive, and to invest my energy in things over which I have control...and the rest, well...I just have to learn to let it go. It`s no use worrying or stressing about things over which I have no control. It doesn`t do any good! What is that passage from the bible?
Give me the Strength to accept the things I can not change, the Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Or that Doris Day song: Que sera, sera!! Whatever will be, will be...the future`s not ours to see...Que sera, sera!!

8 comments:

  1. Yééé!! 4 months! I am happy to see that times goes by quickly for you too! :)

    It seems like either you have the same way to think than me.. or my post of today made you realise that you need to stay positive! :)

    Congradulation for the selling of the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangie, your post today definitely inspired me :0)
    I'm also feeling pretty zen right now, and I'm trying to enjoy it!
    Life is pretty good right now: my classes at the college just finished, our old house in Amos sold quickly, the move is well-prepared and organised so far...and I'm together again with Raph! I'm feeling relieved that everything is falling into place, and excited about the new life that we're about to begin. Our move seemed soooo far away...and now, suddenly, it's in two weeks! Not even. And there's still a ton of things that need to be done. Something tells me that this is what the adoption will be like...suddenly, there you are in the Philippines, with your child in your arms...and you wonder if you're really ready for this!
    I wish I could say that I'm a very positive person with a sunny disposition...this is who I would like to be!! My family (especially my mom!) and my friends(especially my close friend M!) have been telling me this for years, about staying positive and focusing on the good things I have rather than concentrating on the negative things. Particularly when it comes to stressing and worrying about things over which we have no control (something which I tend to do a lot!)I realize, on a zen day like today, that this is not healthy or productive. I often go through phases where I resolve to change...and I always seem to fall back into my old pattern. It's a vicious circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amber,

    Congratulations on your 4 months! Seems like the month just flew by!!! :o)
    You sound like you are describing my own attitude. There are days where seeing "la vie en rose" is much easier than others. It's really easy to let ourselves be overwhelmed but you know what, I believe that every day that we do manage to get through with that positive attitude proves that we are on the right path :o). I guess it's like any habit, it takes a while before it becomes a reflex.

    Cheers,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 4 months and on your house. The best advice our social worker told us was to keep busy during the wait and it sounds like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulation amber and raphael for your four months! GO GO GO!! Im realy happy for your determination :) hey!! you and me have only one month of difference?? its good!!!
    have a good day :)
    patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Way to go on the 4 months! :) Time really does fly by... especially during those Summer months :) Glad to know you sold our place in Amos ~ you're all set to join us in Gatineau now! :)

    Have a good day!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great news that your house has sold. One less worry. Congrats on reaching the 4 month mark. It is so fun to count down the months and hopefully there aren't too many to count down! I hope that the moves goes smoothly. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on Four Months! Time is passing quickly isn't it! Congrats too for the house! Try to enjoy the move (as much as possible)!

    ReplyDelete