Monday, August 10, 2009

Six months since ICAB approval!

I've decided to add some music to my blog! Hope you like it. If not, there's always the mute button :0)

It's our six month anniversary today! Wow, time is going by so fast. Already half a year since we were accepted by ICAB. We received some great news last week, as a local bloggy friend, who's also with our agency, received her referral for a baby boy after only eleven months! This is very encouraging, and I am so happy for this wonderful family! I hope everything goes smoothly and quickly and that they get to travel to the Philippines very soon :0)

I'm kind of hoping time slows down a little bit, because I'm not ready for the fall and the colder weather to start already. I feel like we haven't had much of a summer yet...it's been cool and rainy (except for my week in Italy :0) But then in Tuscany, it's always sunny and beautiful!) We've been lucky and got the chance to see fireworks over the water twice this summer. We got tickets through Raph's work. One evening was Canada, and the other was Germany. The German show was set to German music, which was neat. It's such a beautiful, spectacular show...and both evenings it was very nice and clear outside, which means great visibility for fireworks! Raph starts his vacation on Saturday...and he doesn't go back to work till the beginning of September. This will be really nice for both of us. We want to go and visit Ottawa, go bike riding, maybe go camping for a few days...paint our deck. I'm looking forward to it! I hope the weather is nice and that we can enjoy it. Then, in September, it's back to work and we'll find ourselves a new routine. We've moved twice in the last fourteen months, so we haven't had much of a routine in a while. In September, it would be nice to fall into a steady, stable routine for a while.

We're settling down in our new house, and we're getting to know our new neighbourhood. The books in the office have been placed, and the last two boxes have been unpacked in the laundry room...Raph put up some shelves for me, so now it's nicely organised. The grey tiles on our kitchen floor are going to be done tomorrow. I'm excited! After that, our kitchen will be done! There will just be the bathroom counter and the carpet on the stairs to do. Painting our deck is a priority, since we need three warm, sunny days in a row to do that! This needs to be done before October. The rest can wait...

Oh, I also read a really good book this weekend...it's called "The Time Traveler's Wife." It's such a beautiful love story! It's very compelling, and I couldn't put it down! I don't want to give too much away, but the couple in the book struggles with issues of infertility. I think they've made the book into a movie as well. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I definitely recommend the book :0)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amber and Raph!!!
    :o)
    This is excellent!
    I might have missed this in an earlier post but did you end up finding a job for September? If so, congratulations, I'm so happy for you. Everything seems to easily be falling into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching the six month mark! You're getting closer and closer. It is encouraging to hear that a friend received her referral after 11 months. We are now 15 months in so hopefully we'll hear something by the end of the year.
    It sounds like your home is coming along nicely. Renovating and redecorating are always hard work and time consuming but it all looks so good in the end. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 6 months! Each day is a day closer to your child! I like the music...especially "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. I took my daughter and a friend to see the Hannah Montana movie so it makes me think of my daughter who I miss at the moment...she is gone for a few days with grandparents. Enjoy your time with your hubby. It will be fun to add your own personal touches to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yééé!!! 6 months means alot! Congradulation!

    And be happy that the cold weather is coming, that mens that time pass by and you are closer to your little one!! :D

    See you saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! Super ! 6 mois de passés! C'est une très belle étape de franchie.Je vous souhaite qu'il en reste le moins possible...que cela soit rapide et positif! ;)

    ReplyDelete